Policies and Guidelines to minimize health risks as we return to Church:
Before Attending Service:
1. Wear freshly laundered clothing to service.
2. Members should take their temperature before attending service. If fever or flu-like symptoms exist, stay home and seek medical attention.
3. Attending members should not exhibit any of the COVID-19 symptoms or been in contact with anyone confirmed with COVID-19 in the past 21 days. Symptoms include (a) cough or (b) shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; or two or more of these symptoms: (a) fever, (b) chills, (c) repeated shaking with chills, (d) muscle pain, (e) headache, (f) sore throat or (g) recent loss of taste or smell. See CDC/federal/state guidelines: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus,
4. If underlying medical conditions exist, seek medical attention prior to attending service. The following conditions may put a person at higher risk to contract COVID-19 or other virus: adults over 65, individuals with conditions such as but not limited to asthma, HIV, diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease and/or cancer.
5. Refrain from eating or drinking before service (unless medically necessary) to minimize use of the restrooms.
7. The County of San Bernardino has lifted the face mask requirement so Calvary Chapel does not require them. However, please know that the CDC still recommends them. Create your own: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/DIY-cloth-face-covering-instructions.pdf
8. Use restrooms only if absolutely necessary.
9. Practice social distancing: Remain 6 feet apart; no handshaking, embracing or touching anyone except your personal household. See CDC/federal/state guidelines: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus, www.coronavirus.gov, www.cdph.ca.gov.
10. Parking and seating are limited. Please follow all directives of parking attendants and ushers.
11. Due to limited seating, admittance is not guaranteed. To allow the maximum number to attend service, members are asked to attend according to their last name:
Sundays: 8:30 am service (A-M), 10:30 am service (N-Z)
Wednesdays: 7:00 pm service (A-Z)
Sundays: 8:30 am service
Wednesdays: 7:00 pm service
12. Observe the posted flow of traffic in the parking lot and the sanctuary. Entrances and exits will be opposite each other. Enter through the Courtyard located at the center back of the Sanctuary and exit through the foyers located on either side of the Sanctuary.
13. With the need to observe social distancing, anyone under the age of 18 will not be permitted to attend services until further notice.
14. Receiving of offerings will not be observed during services. Please utilize the offering boxes at the back of the Sanctuary/Chapel, US mail or online options through your bank or PushPay.
15. Air conditioning will be limited; members may consider bringing a personal handheld fan.
16. Limit socializing. Exit immediately after service. Observe “stay home” orders before and after service.
17. It is recommended to rewash your clothing immediately after service.
18. If a member begins experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 after attending service, please notify the church office.
19. Throughout this transition, members are encouraged to communicate with church leadership any suggestions or concerns they may have: 909-820-7300, email@example.com.
Please be aware, attending service before the State of California has authorized it could be viewed as civil disobedience. If you are uncomfortable attending service for any reason, we encourage you to continue joining us via livestream through the Church Website, App, Facebook or YouTube.
The nature of this pandemic makes this situation fluid. Please stay updated with changes or protocols through the Church Website, App or Facebook.
Read the legal argument for opening churches prior to Phase 3:
Read letter from California Churches to Governor Newsom: